1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

GEO LOCATION OF MEMBERS FOR MEETUPS

Discussion in 'Meet-Ups' started by Andre Lefebvre, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

There is a field that members can fill with the name of the town they live in, or close to (for metropolitan areas). NOTE: This information is only visible for members. Guests will not have access to it.

Here is how to do it:

1- Go to your profile by clicking your avatar above the toolbar. Click on Personal Details.

cccd909352b43eebc3c5c684d19b0aeb.png

2- Enter your Location, and then Save Changes.

865da88b3d3b73cc27a92bbfb87b7e96.png

--------------------------

To see other members location,
    simply click on their avatar in the left sidebar on the forum:

28c280cc97642e6f4b53eb25f47cda7d.jpg

...or click on the arrow under the member's avatar, it will reveal more information about that member.

81feecf569dbc7bdf4b1e55cef5e4de9.jpg

Hope this helps!

Andre

Joshua Mallard likes this.
  2. I don't understand how this helps find people for meetups. Is there a way to browse users by geography?

Andre Lefebvre likes this.
  3. Great idea, of course! I've been reading on this for the past two hours. It seems rather complicated for Xenforo addons to perform functions related to locations. I've contacted the developer of one such [paid] addon on a public thread via the Xenforo forum. I'm waiting to hear back. As soon as I do, I'll bring this here.

4. You will not trick me, Big Brother.

5. I don't think it's worth starting a new thread for this but after saving my location when I return to my profile details page the location value is blank.
    I've tried entering city, state with a comma in-between, (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) tried using a major nearby city (Jacksonville, FL), the state only, and Zip-Code (32082), but it doesn't seem to save.
    Just an FYI in case it's a symptom of a bigger issue.

Aaron Venture and Andre Lefebvre like this.
  6. Hi Mathew, I'm out of town for a couple days, but I'll take a look when I come back on Monday, k? Hope you guys are safe in Florida, pretty gnarly out there by the looks of it... :(

Mathew Somers likes this.
  7. Thanks Andre,
    We had a lucky break here in North East Florida so far, and will not get hit until around noon tomorrow; our hearts go out to our friends and members in the islands and Floridians South of us that took the bulk of the storm, slowing it down significantly. Still we're not getting much sleep so I'm getting caught up on client work and saving it to the cloud in case my equipment isn't where I left it when I went to bed. ;)

8. I'm also facing the same issue. Tried every way but can't save the location. So I'm being shown to be residing in the Atlantic ocean :D

9. Hi TAV,

Sorry for this. I'm looking into it. Looks like a Google API issue, I'm tracking this bug and will update as soon as I get it fixed.

BTW, could you fix your username and use your full name? It's a rule Mike has set up on Redbanned that members need to use their full names. :) If you need help for that, please send me a PM, or email me at creativeforge@gmail.com. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Andre

10. This is the name on my Credits, IMDb, iTunes, etc.
    Do you want me to use only my birth name?

11. Oh, so you sign T dot A dot V (T.A.V)? Or Tav? Yes, normally it would be your birth name.

12. T dot A dot V ("Tee Aay Vee" That's how it's pronounced, some call me "Tav" though)

13. I think (unless Mike gives you a pass, but so far I don't know of any) Mike prefers that people use their birth name on Redbanned. A bit different than other forums, but there is a good reason behind it for him.

Really appreciate your cooperation... :)

14. No Problem, can guide me how to do that?

My birth name is "Tavleen Singh"

15. Thank you! It's a great name, and you are now known as Tavleen! :)

Welcome to Redbanned, enjoy the community, Mike's unmistakable expertise and wholesome teaching! :)

Tavleen Singh likes this.