1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Free stuff from iZotope - Stereo Imager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Scott Steinmetz, Sep 22, 2017.

1. https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/ozone-imager/

Pretty cool stuff. Working on something, and this is part of it, so I chucked it on there to see what would happen. Fist clip with it off, 2nd clip on.

Nope:

Yup:

Man, I’ll say this with zero hesitation. I have a ton of stuff from iZotope, free and paid, and no matter how simple or complex it is, it always does EXACTLY what they say it will. I wish I could give this company an award or something, I use all of the stuff I have from them all the time and it’s just been a great bunch of additions to my plugin collection.

Rohann van Rensburg likes this.
  2. Absolutely.
    I just installed the Imager today and used it on a piano/vocal thing I was mixing.
    I used it on the Master bus rather than individual tracks.
    It did a great job of widening the piano without smearing the vox.

I also have the Quad Imager from IKMultimedia which is a great piece.
    Gives you a little more flexibility as you are able to widen or collapse by 4 frequency ranges, which can be useful sometimes.

3. Whoa, huge difference. Thanks for the tip!