1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

For those who like the groove

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Doug Gibson, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Oh man.... I fully just jizzed my pants watching this video. I don't watch many music videos on youtube.

I just discovered this drum set channel, and if you like just really disciplined funky as hell grooves, this video is
    mind expanding.

You know we spend a lot of time talking about recreating human performance with software, but isn't it amazing when a human create a "machine" performance. I mean "machine" in the best possible way, as I watch I feel inspired with a certain positive re-thinking of human potential. That someone can groove this hard is unfathomable to me. As I watched the 5 minute drum solo at the time linked I noticed that this so far beyond my ordinal thinking of what a person can do. And, (speaking to myself here) getting confronted, in a positive way, about with took to achieve this and upon my own musical practice. That a person can groove like this, is fucking great. Inspiring and just fucking great.

I don't know if I'll binge on this channel and check out a wide variety, or if I should just bring on the records of this one drummer.

2. I remember that video and youtube channel, a drummer friend referred me to it. Ended up watching a ton of it. It's hypnotic. The most amazing one (for me anyway) was this guy called Josh Dion. He sings, plays drums AND also the bass line with a small keyboard he has right there... All at the same time. The guy is an alien.

For reference: