1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

First time real trumpet experience :D

Discussion in 'The RedBanned Bar & Grill' started by Alexander Schiborr, Oct 7, 2018.

1. #1 Alexander Schiborr, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Ok, guys, in vacation time you do all kinds of nonsense but I had the opportunity to have the first time in my life a real trumpet in my hands and I tried to blow something. So..the first times I even didnĀ“t get out one sound out of it, after a while I got it farted..this is my try doing the indiana Jones fanfare. Man..I am completely done with my air. Now I have even higher respects from trumpet players..holy smoke.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njkv5l4yxqjcew3/Indiana_Jones_Fanfare.ogg?dl=0

2nd try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw3shtuxpld4dxk/Indy_2nd_try.ogg?dl=0

I am getting there..yeah I feel it!! :D

:eek::eek::p:D I deeply apologize in advance, I think I get into the guiness world record book for that shit but it was fun, really.

Anybody of you playing all the time with virtual orchestra and then you got to play some of those instruments in the orchestra?

2. That sound brings back traumatic memories from my youth! My first instrument was the trumpet, in a school brass band. We all sounded terrible to begin with.

Learning to play with just the mouthpiece is a good way to start. If you're keen to learn more it might be worth checking out the PTrumpets. They're plastic, but sound decent enough and are significantly cheaper than the real thing.