1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast Action Western Music Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Eduardo Lopez, May 13, 2019.

1. Hello guys!

I was wondering if anyone might help me in directing me into finding a score for reference?

I´m looking for some musical references for fast action up-beat and heroic cues of full sypmohonic orchestra (no guitars or electro-acustic instruments) in a calssic American Western Style?

The only western score that comes to mind is Silverado by B. Broughon and a Fistful of Dollar by Morricone, but it has guitar and whitles (which are cool! but it´s not what I´m looking for!).

Thanks! :D

2. The Cowboys by JW.
    Aaron Copland works might also fit (Rodeo, Billy the Kid)

Eduardo Lopez likes this.
  3. Elmer Bernstein's - The magnificent seven
    Jerome Morros - Theme from the Big Country
    James Newton Howard - Wyatt Earp
    Bruce Broughton - Silverado, Tombstone, True Women
    John Debney & Bruce Broughton - Texas Rising
    Marco Beltrami - 3:10 to Yuma
    Mike Verta - Charge of the Lawmen ;)
    Randy Edelman - The last of the Mohicans
    The Soundtrack of Red Dead Redemption might also be of interest

Eduardo Lopez likes this.
  4. Wuu! thanks a bunch guys, I´ll have a look at these! :D