1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Happy 2018, Everybody! Thanks for making Redbanned such a cool, helpful, and inviting place. Here's to another great year!
    Dismiss Notice

Best playable WW Virtual Instruments

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Kit Karlson, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

1. Hey All,

New to redbanned. I recently discovered Mike Verta and have been blown away by the videos. They are truly changing my perspective on music. My question is, what are the best playable WW libraries? It seems like Berlin is a go to, but are there any libraries for WW that is similar to an adventure brass? Super playable? Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

2. Hi there!

Berlin is nice, yes you mentioned it already. I like the Strezov Sampling Woodwinds also, specially the flutes are nice and airy and also very playable. However for maxium expression and playablity I heard the swam Woodwinds are great but I am not that convinced about their sound so much. However with my last and current production tracks I stick mostly to berlin Winds tbh as they are for most of the stuff good as they are. And they are dry enough, yet have a bit of room sound in them so that they make not much work to put them into a mix.

Paul T McGraw and Kit Karlson like this.
  3. Great. Thanks for the advice!

4. for raw expressiveness and solo lines, SWAM will reign supreme... however berlin is extremely versatile, and sounds good out of the box.