1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Discussion areas for the individual classes are unlocked for all users. Let's see if this makes it any more useful. If not, we'll drop this or organize under a single banner to save space and lean things out.
    Dismiss Notice

Any recommendations for low dynamic brass library ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks & Talk' started by Patryk Scelina, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Hi guys. Is there any library you'd recommend for creating quiet brass parts ? Something other than Metropolis 2 ?
    Most of the libraries I have tend to focus on loud and bright sound. And I need something softer.

2. 1. If playability is important to you, I can recommend to you libraries like: Sample Modeling, or Infinite brass, maybe even Chris Hein Brass.
    2. If sound and weight is more important to you and if you don´t need brass for soloing purpose but more for mellow part writing chords, pad glue and stuff.., maybe berlin Brass or Spitfire Symphonic brass could be interesting to check out too.

There are many brass libraries on the market..do you have a specific budget? What kind of style you would like to mimic? I ask because..normal sampled brass is very limited when it comes to creating fluid lines and therefore I personally chose a while ago to depart with normal sample libraries and go for sample modeling or infinite brass. What I do is..I layer here and there libraries like berlin or spitfire stuff if I feel I need a bit more push and weight.

Good luck with your decision.

Patryk Scelina likes this.
  3. Hi. Alexander. Thank You for quick response. I think I need to go more into sample modeling stuff and I will for sure. But now i'm looking for something what could give me that kind of low mellow chorus quality. I think this is good example of the sound I'm looking for.

I don't have much time to learn and sculpt sample modeling right now because I have tight deadline. So I'd rather stick to samples I already have or maybe quickly buy and incorporate something new.
    I actually bought Metropolis 2 since it has low dynamics. However it's not that mellow and it doesn't have basic brass instruments which I could easily blend with other libraries. It doesn't have trombones for instance.

4. Well, it's a shameless self-plug but to be honest it's what I would use. Frustrations with both unplayability/inexpressiveness of standard samples and hurdles of mixing/weird sound of modeled samples is actually why I started this project in the first place.

5. Oh Man I was fighting with myself when You released your library. And I eventually missed intro pricing deadline and now I regret it. It sound so expressive.

George Streicher likes this.