1. Didja accidentally blow through the whole, "We're using our real names" thing on registration? No problem, just send me (Mike) a Conversation message and I'll get you sorted, by which I mean hammered-into-obedient-line because I'm SO about having a lot of individuality-destroying, oppressive shit all over my forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You're only as good as the harshest criticism you're willing to hear.
    Dismiss Notice

About Virtual Orchestration on this...

Discussion in 'Putting it All Together' started by Hur Ozan Cerrahoglu, Jun 14, 2020.

1. @Mike Verta

Dear Mike,

Watching the amazing Putting It All Together MasterClass, now I am three hours into it and you are talking about orchestration on bar 14... Would these tricks work on virtual orchestration as well (Bell like pulsing Horns with vibes, 1/16th clarinets barely audible but they take the bite off of strings, etc.) or these shimmering tricks only work with live orchestra? I also watched the percussion masterclass but that those shimmerings were different.

Thanks,

2. Like a lot of the sexiest orchestration techniques, I for sure have never gotten a virtual approximation that sounded anything like the real version. Admittedly, I haven't really put a ton of work into it...